What do you need to know when entering Armenia?
The following goods for personal use (based on one person) are allowed to be imported by air into the customs territory of the EAEU without paying customs duties and taxes:
1. Goods transported in accompanied and unaccompanied luggage (with the exception of ethyl alcohol, alcoholic beverages, beer), the cost of which does not exceed 10.000 EUR, and weight does not exceed 50 kg including tobacco and tobacco products with the following quantities:
- 200 cigarettes
- or 50 cigars (cigarilla)
- or 250 grams of cigarettes
- or an assortment of the mentioned products with a total weight of not more than 250 grams.
2. Alcoholic beverages and beer imported in accompanied and unaccompanied luggage - 3 liters. Care should be taken on the fact that when importing more than 3 liters, but not more than 5 liters of alcoholic beverages and beer, in terms of exceeding 3 liters of the quantitative norm, customs duties and taxes levied at a single rate of 10 EUR per 1 liter are subject to payment.
Important: Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products can be transported only by people over 18 years old.
Transferring cash and monetary instruments
Cash and traveler's checks are subject to declaration, if during one-time import into the customs territory of the EAEU or one-time export from the customs territory of the EAEU, their total amount exceeds the amount of 10.000 USD at the exchange rate effective on the day of submission of the passenger customs declaration to the customs authority.
Monetary instruments, with the exception of traveler's checks, are subject to customs declaration regardless of the transferring value.
Cash and monetary instruments, regardless of value and weight, are transferred without paying customs duties and taxes.
During the one-time transferring of cash and monetary instruments exceeding the amount equivalent to 100.000 USD at the exchange rate effective on the day of submission of the passenger customs declaration to the customs authority, simultaneously with the submission of the passenger customs declaration, an individual must submit documents confirming the origin of these funds.
Q. How much does it cost to use carts at Zvartnots International Airport?
A. The carts are free of charge.
Q. Where can I obtain ground transportation from Zvartnots International Airport?
A. You can use shuttle buses (N100 and N201) from the airport premise, outside the arrival zone of the airport terminal.
Q. During what hours shuttle bus services are available at Zvartnots Airport?
A. From 07:00 to 22:00 the shuttle bus N201 run every 30 minutes and from 06:50 to 21:45 the shuttle bus N100 runs every 45 minutes.
Q. How much does the bus fare cost? How can I make the payment for the toll?
А. The one-way cost is 300 AMD per person. The payment should be made in cash in AMD.
When leaving the Republic of Armenia, before crossing the border checkpoint, you have a right to claim the VAT you have paid for goods purchased from the stores that offer “Tax Free” shopping in Armenia.
Q. Where can I leave my car at Zvartnots International airport?
A. The parking of the Terminal has a capacity to accommodate 600 cars. For the detailed information about prices for parking, please visit the below-mentioned page:
Q. When and within what timeframe I can get a Visa?
A. Should you need any information relating to visa issuance procedures, please visit the following page:
Q. What method of payment is applicable and how much is the visa fee?
A. The payment for visas is accepted only in RA Drams as follows:
- Visitor, single entry visa, for up to 120 days of stay— 15.000 AMD
- Visitor, single entry visa, for up to 21 days of stay– 3.000 AMD per visitor
- Transit, single entry visa–10.000 AMD
- Children under 18 for all types of visas—free of charge.
VISA GIVEN FOR THE PERIOD OF 120, 21 AND 3 DAYS CAN BE PROLONGED ONLY IN THE PASSPORT AND VISA DEPARTMENT SITUATED IN DAVTASHEN, 4TH DISTRICT, 17/10. IF THE VISA IS WITHOUT VALIDITY THE CITIZEN WILL BE LEVIED ADMINISTRATIVE FINE IN THE AMOUNT OF 50.000-100.000 AMD (ACCORDING TO CODE 201 VIOLATIONS OF ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS) AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME TO ARMENIA FOR ONE YEAR.
VISA TERM CANNOT BE PROLONGED IN ZVARTNOTS AIRPORT.
Q. What does the VIP Service include?
A. “Armenia” International Airports” Commercial VIP Lounge Service includes:
- dedicated check-in desk
- complimentary baggage porter service (to/from VIP lounge to VIP parking)
- complimentary tea (no limits) at the arrival waiting lounge (sterile area)
- complimentary coffee (no limits) at the arrival waiting lounge (sterile area)
- complimentary alcohol beverages
- complimentary one soft drink (where available).
Q. How much does VIP service cost in Zvartnots Airport?
A. The fee charged for VIP service is 70.000 AMD (children under 6 years old are served free of charge).
Check-in at the VIP Lounge, accompanying to the border control post, Business Lounge access authorization (the passenger passes security, passport control and gets on the plane on his own) is 40.000 AMD per passenger (children under 2 years old are served free of charge, full charge is applied for children from 2 years old).
Q. How can I request а VIP service?
A. For reservations, please, contact VIP Lounge Reception at +374-10-493000 ext. 7246 and 7292 (for payment information) or at +374-77-229114. Also, you can request this service ONLINE visitng the below mentioned page:
Q. How can I pay for the VIP service?
A. Payment should be made before VIP service provision in Armenian drams, in cash or via credit card. You can exchange your foreign currency at any bank operating at the airport or using the foreign currency exchange machines.
You can also make the ONLINE payment by visiting the below-mentioned page:
Q. How much does the baggage packing cost?
A. The baggage packing costs 1.500 AMD.
Q. Is there a baggage storage at Zvartnots airport?
A. There is a baggage storage room at Zvartnots International airport which is located in the public area of Arrival Hall. The cost of storage for up to 24 hours is 3.500 AMD per 1 bag.